Tuesday 22 May 2007

Monaco F1 race excites Raikkonen

Kimi Raikkonen excited about Monaco Grand Prix


Kimi Raikkonen is looking forward to Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, a race the Finn rates as the most important of the Formula One season.


The 27-year-old former McLaren driver won in Monte Carlo in 2005 and is hopeful of securing his second victory of the season this weekend.


"If I had to follow Formula One as a spectator and had to choose one race, I would have no doubt, I would go to Monte Carlo, " said Raikkonen.


"It is the most important amongst all the Grand Prix, with an extraordinary combination of the emotions during the race, the particularity of the place and the prestige, surrounding the event. "It must be as wonderful to watch this race, as it is to participate in it. Not so much as far as the race is concerned but more in terms of the challenge.


"Driving fast in a F1 car through these streets is the biggest challenge of them all for sure. I love challenges: the more challenging they are the more I'm attracted. I really can't wait to race this GP. "This is a very special place for me and I will never forget my success in 2005, in a race, which I think was one of my most beautiful ones.


"It will be the seventh time I am going to race here and the first time with Ferrari. As usual we will have lots of work to do, but I hope I can also pass some time with my friends and family.

No comments: