Tuesday 22 May 2007

Honda Team Heads to Monte Carlo Next Week For The Highlight of The F1 Calendar

Honda F1 Team



Conceived by Antony Noghès, the Monaco Grand Prix remains the most famous race on the Formula One calendar. First held in 1929, the street circuit is tight, twisty, bumpy, slow and totally unforgiving - an anachronism for today’s Formula One cars that gasp and crawl around its 3.340 km lap. To this day, Monaco remains the race that every driver dreams of winning sometime in their career.


RUBENS BARRICHELLO:
“Like most drivers, Monaco is one of my favourite races and I have some fantastic memories as I have finished on the podium four times there. Monaco is unique in many ways and it certainly has a special place in F1 history. I particularly enjoy qualifying at Monaco, it’s one of the biggest challenges of the year and so important to get right. Overtaking is very difficult so you have to qualify well and get a good grid position. Strategy is also crucial in Monaco as the pit-stops can help you gain track position. “


JENSON BUTTON:
“Monaco is the most famous race of all, where all the glitz and glamour of Formula One is on display, and there is no question that it is a very special place over the race weekend. It’s a very different race from any other on the calendar with so much history and it means even more to me as I live in Monaco, so it is one of my home races. Yet ironically the qualities which make it so appealing also make it a frustrating weekend for the teams and drivers. It’s unbelievably busy and getting around can be just impossible! When I’m not in the paddock, I’ll be getting out of the Principality and up into the hills behind the action to relax and give myself some space.

No comments: