Saturday 9 June 2007

War of Words Between Formula 1 drivers Scott Speed and Mark Webber


Formula 1 drivers and rivals Scott Speed(Scuderia Toro Rosso) and Mark Webber(Red Bull) got into a war of words prior to the Canadian Grand Prix followinf an on track incident during qualifying.


Scott Speed's Scuderia Torro Rosso car hit Mark Webber form behind and both drivers blamed each other for the incident.


"At the end of the session, for some reason I don't understand, Mark did the most strange thing I have seen since I've been in Formula One," Speed said.


"I haven't been brake-tested like that since my karting days and I'll be interested to see what Mark has to say about that."


Webber was unrepentant after the incident, saying: "We managed to fall over each other. I think he was a little bit asleep initially but then we managed to wake each other up.


"It was ongoing from a few laps before. He never once let anyone through by going off-line, he always sent everyone down on the inside on the marbles and was doing his thing.


The next time up, we got the chequered flag but we were both still pushing on the in-lap and I had a look at Turn Six and I thought if he was going to co-operate there then he will, but he didn't.


"I said to myself 'OK, fair enough' and we went down to Turn Eight and I thought we were cruising down there and I was very close to the rear of him and he braked 100 metres earlier than the previous lap.

"I thought I was going to harpoon him big time, really big, but managed then to get my stuff together and get down the inside, and then went round the next corner quite slow."

No comments: