Wednesday 23 May 2007

Lewis Hamilton cautious over chances of victory at this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix


McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton is remaining cautious over his chances of victory at this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix, despite having never lost around the challenging Monte Carlo street circuit.


Hamilton, who has finished on the podium at every race this season, triumphed in last year’s GP2 event in Monaco and also won on his previous visit in the F3 Euroseries. The Englishman, however, is taking nothing for granted.


"I have always run well at Monaco, having won there on my previous two visits to the race,” he said. “I am going to the race again this year with the intention of fighting for the win, but that is the case at everything I compete in. "


However we do have to keep being realistic, this will be my fifth race in Formula One and I am still developing. We have to focus on keeping scoring points for both the constructors' and drivers' championships and take it step by step."

No comments: